Posted by resonanteye on 05/09/2013
pages for the site, dividing the work by medium, possibly by year.
pages for the coffee-table book about joke tattoos.
pages for the horror coloring book.
And a commission for a very close, well-loved friend.
I’ve been riding out a bit of PMS by reading ghost stories and glitch stories and tales of skinwalkers.
I’ve been sketching, sleeping, and eating spaghetti with
I’m absolutely poor;
I spent all my accumulated and recently earned money on getting my little dog’s teeth fixed, and am now impoverished hobo style but able to get sweet puppy kisses for the first time in a year.
I’ll be tattooing in Spokane on sunday, trying to earn back some road money so I can get down to Salem and work a week through. I miss my peeps there…
This is all that’s been going on. I’ve got loads of originals up for sale still, if you’ve been eyeing one for a while, now’s a great time to buy. You can use the coupon code WWDJD to get 20% off anything in the etsy shop this month! Go spend your money! Buy all the art!!!
And that way I can get my own teeth fixed too, sometime soon. I hope.
If you want to jump in and get work done up here in spokane, email me.
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, !!!~posts with links in them~!!!, !!!~posts with lists in them~!!!, art, events, female tattoo artist, painting, personal, stuff for sale | Tagged: art for sale, broke, doggy dentist | 1 Comment »
Posted by resonanteye on 04/24/2013
- Cigarettes don’t taste very good. I can’t finish one now.
- Every single memory I have, besides really fuzzy small-child ones, are ones that involve smoking. I don’t think I’ve done anything in my whole life without a lit cigarette hanging out of my mouth. Until recently, every single moment was punctuated by a smoke.
- I still roll down the car window to vape, just like I did when smoking- even though there’s no reason for it.
- If you started out by buying blu stuff, you can use those cartomizers they sell at the gas station on an ego battery.
- You can also refill those things with better quality nicotine juice if for some reason all your other gear stops working.
- If you bought clearomizers and they stop working, you can take them apart and clean them…
- You can also take them apart and completely destroy them and have to get new ones.
- I like drip tips. I like chewing on something when I “smoke”. I used to clench and chomp on the filter of my cigarettes, too. Bitey. They make cheap plastic ones that make it easier to chew them to shreds, otherwise I’d have broken all my teeth off on the steel ones by now.
- VCV is hip. They have the cheapest beginner set-up ever right now. No, they didn’t pay me to say that, but if they want to, I’ll take it. This is the basics you need, all the stuff I recommended in my past post about this stuff…for like 15 bucks. And their juices are delicious.
- If you can’t taste your vaporizer juices, chew on an unused tampon and it will cure it.
- Switching from smoking to vaping is easier than it sounds.
- I still don’t smoke marijuana, but I like reading about people making stuff out of it.
GAH. and yes, that’s one of those little flosser things for your teeth.
I fully destroyed half my gear today. I am definitely not now and have never been very mechanically-minded. I mean, I once tried lost wax and sand casting machine frames, and almost killed everyone in the workshop (don’t ask) and I have been known to fix a tattoo machine by throwing it against the wall, cursing it with vile imprecations. (It worked perfectly after that). I think moonbeams repair cell phones, and I firmly believe little gremlins in a plastic case are the reason my laptop functions.
trying out some new mechanical equipment and hating every minute of it.
I once tried to build a PC, too. Franenstein kind of works, but he lives in the basement and is not allowed to be fed electricity.
And I can’t wait until PVs are just as fiddle-free as all the other things I use regularly and have no clue about.
(My car is the exception to all this. A lifetime of poverty and strangeness has forced me to know how a car basically works and the life-sustaining things I must do to it. Not that I want to, or that I will if there’s a mechanic I can afford- but I know how. It wasn’t fun to get to this level of knowledge though, and I’d almost rather NOT understand why you shouldn’t take every sparkplug wire off an 8-cylinder van all at once to replace them.)
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, !!!~posts with links in them~!!!, !!!~posts with lists in them~!!!, complaints, DIY, geek, personal | Tagged: being mechanically minded, e-cig, ecigarettes, ecigs, mech and tech, personal vaporizers, pvs, quitting smoking | 2 Comments »
Posted by resonanteye on 03/26/2013
I haven’t smoked in two days, and I’ve smoked a single pack of cigarettes in the past week. I finally got good gear for PV/ecig use, so I haven’t felt the urge to smoke.
I can also see this becoming an all-consuming side hobby for me. I made these little desk-props for my pvs today out of polyclay. I plan to paint them (one’s a dick, one’s tits, and one is an eye)…maybe I’ll make a few more too, that are a little more interesting or fleshed-out.
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, brag, DIY, geek, health and safety, personal, true stories | Tagged: crafty bitch, e-cigarette, ecig, personal vaporizer, poly clay, PV, quit smoking | 9 Comments »
Posted by resonanteye on 03/12/2013
I updated the art for sale page, and added a ton of originals for sale at the other shop.
I’m sorting through all the prints now. I need to raise some money pretty desperately, since my car broke down…
the baron gets a ride
I’ll be painting more this week. I have a few bigger crazed-animal pieces to finish up for a show I have in May. I’ll post those as they come along. Thanks again guys for checking out my stuff, and to everyone who’s gotten tattooed or bought some art lately, THANK YOU! I really appreciate the support!
Posted in journal, oregon living, personal | Tagged: 000 miles, 300, car getting towed, I need money, old volvo, volvo | 1 Comment »
Posted by resonanteye on 03/12/2013
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, deep thoughts, holidays, learning, oregon living, personal, photography, travel, you | Tagged: agates, goose barnacles, neptune beach, oregon coast | 1 Comment »
Posted by resonanteye on 10/15/2012
I am gearing up! Making salmon jerky for the trip, and figuring out what to pack.
Hawkins caught a gigantic coho salmon the other day. I mean HUGE. I couldn’t lift it.
I’m going to be in Sacto by weds/thurs- I have an appointment to tattoo a friend down there on the 19th, so that’s my last-minute arrival time. I should be in Phoenix by the 21st/22nd.
Looking forward to a little desert time with my desert family.
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, hobo, love, oregon living, personal | Tagged: alsea, coho, travelling | 3 Comments »