- take your old blankets and towels and any pet toys or things to the local no-kill shelter. If you have time, volunteer to walk the dogs, or play with the cats.
- take all your canned food that you didn’t eat or use down to food for lane county. especially if it’s good stuff.
- take all your books that you’ve already read, to the local literacy center. in eugene there’s one downtown that teaches people to read.
- take your old clothes, wash em, and give them to goodwill.
- volunteer to go to a nursing home and visit people who don’t have relatives that visit. You can offer to record memoirs (often single people without kids have led very interesting lives)
- let someone who looks more tired than you have your seat.
Everyone can do something. Seriously.
I don’t have a lot of time but I do what I can, and my politics have nothing to do with it.