I love trees. I usually will do a tree commission painting at any time, even if I’m turning down other commissions. They’re just TOO fun. If you want a tree painting, email me.
Most of the tattoo trees I do are drawn on the skin, in marker, right before being tattooed. That way the person getting the tattoo can control the size and scale better, and I get a better feeling for the flow the tree needs to have to fit on three dimensions. I go outside and look at trees. That’s what I use for reference-I take a lot of photographs of trees as well. I love drawing them.
I used to climb trees all the time. Actually I still do when I see a decent climbing tree. Climbing a tree was always a way for me to get some time alone in a house full of extroverts- a way to escape.
I learned a lot about what each tree was like. They not only have a personality because of their species, but individually too.
Willows are always friendly and mellow, but can be risky to climb- they like to slip their bark once you’re high enough to get hurt by falling. Oaks are big and old and kindly, but their twigs are crackled and dry. Birches are my favorite trees- spry, springy, and easy to take a nap in.
(Originally Published on: Oct 20, 2011)
I’m now accepting tree commissions- mixed media (ink, wash, pencil, watercolor or oil) any size, any species, you choose predominant color of piece, season of tree. turnaround time, ten business days. I only accept a limited number of commissions at a time so get in quick!
Email me at resonanteye at gmail dot com, with the following:
- tree species
- season you would like (pick ONE)
- size of piece you want, from list below
- predominant/favorite color
- any additional costs or selections, see below
I will add up cost, set my deadline, and email you an invoice with all details attached, including date of completion, estimated shipping date, and options for rush shipping if you need them. Prices include shipping within the US, I will invoice for international shipping cost.
Base prices by size:
- 5×7″ 20$
- 8×10″ 50$
- 10×13″ $75
- 12×16″ 100$
- 14×17″ 125$
- 16×20″ 160$
- 18×24″ $200
- 22×36″ $250
add $20 for the following add-ons:
- no prints will ever be made of these if commissioned, you will own the only physical copy; any digital images of them will be posted at a size too small for printing
- summer or fall seasonal trees
- added sky/clouds behind branches
ADD $50 for the following options:
- oil painting, not mixed media
- rush production, within next five business days
- birds in sky or in tree (you choose the bird)
- additional distant trees/forest setting
- tree has human figure incorporated
- landscape backdrop in painting rather than just shapes in color
- framed in matching frame with felt backing/glass
All work is signed and dated by the artist and comes with two mini prints of your painting, in case you want to send as a card to a friend.