Posted by resonanteye on 05/18/2013
Spent the day scanning things, drawing. And relisted a few things on etsy. And then planted out the garden, the rest of it.
I got a few images of healed tattoo work I’ve done from some clients I love very much. Here’s a few of those…
Here’s a few of the things for sale (originals)…I’ll have some new stuff coming too later this week!
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, art, clients, female tattoo artist, flowers, oregon living, oregon tattoo artists, original art, stuff for sale | Tagged: back tattoos, butterfly wings, flower tattoos, tattoo flash for sale, tattoos | 1 Comment »
Posted by resonanteye on 05/09/2013
pages for the site, dividing the work by medium, possibly by year.
pages for the coffee-table book about joke tattoos.
pages for the horror coloring book.
And a commission for a very close, well-loved friend.
I’ve been riding out a bit of PMS by reading ghost stories and glitch stories and tales of skinwalkers.
I’ve been sketching, sleeping, and eating spaghetti with
I’m absolutely poor;
I spent all my accumulated and recently earned money on getting my little dog’s teeth fixed, and am now impoverished hobo style but able to get sweet puppy kisses for the first time in a year.
I’ll be tattooing in Spokane on sunday, trying to earn back some road money so I can get down to Salem and work a week through. I miss my peeps there…
This is all that’s been going on. I’ve got loads of originals up for sale still, if you’ve been eyeing one for a while, now’s a great time to buy. You can use the coupon code WWDJD to get 20% off anything in the etsy shop this month! Go spend your money! Buy all the art!!!
And that way I can get my own teeth fixed too, sometime soon. I hope.
If you want to jump in and get work done up here in spokane, email me.
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, !!!~posts with links in them~!!!, !!!~posts with lists in them~!!!, art, events, female tattoo artist, painting, personal, stuff for sale | Tagged: art for sale, broke, doggy dentist | 1 Comment »
Posted by resonanteye on 05/02/2013
I did this logo a little while ago for my friend’s natural ointment company.
You can find their products here, they’re pretty damned good stuff, too. I’m working on another logo for one of her ointments, I’ll post that soon.
I also worked on a painting commission today but it’s still wet. NO PHOTOS FOR YOU!
After I finished up my session with that, I did some processing on images I took for an e-cig companies’ website; they are going to use some for their product listings.
I sometimes barter if people have something I’d have spent money on anyway, and this little commission was great for that. I have been on a nic-juice tasting frenzy and could really use a few bottles I can just use all the time, instead of tasting a million things…I’m hoping after I go through more of their flavors I’ll find one, and be able to use my barter points on it…
Their site is here, but they don’t have flavors listed yet, and the pictures (whichever they may use) aren’t posted there. Here’s two or three of those, too.
Otherwise I did nothing today. Ate, worked, and slept late. I have a looooong day tomorrow, and should have a good crop of things to show you then!
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, !!!~posts with links in them~!!! | 1 Comment »
Posted by resonanteye on 04/24/2013
- Cigarettes don’t taste very good. I can’t finish one now.
- Every single memory I have, besides really fuzzy small-child ones, are ones that involve smoking. I don’t think I’ve done anything in my whole life without a lit cigarette hanging out of my mouth. Until recently, every single moment was punctuated by a smoke.
- I still roll down the car window to vape, just like I did when smoking- even though there’s no reason for it.
- If you started out by buying blu stuff, you can use those cartomizers they sell at the gas station on an ego battery.
- You can also refill those things with better quality nicotine juice if for some reason all your other gear stops working.
- If you bought clearomizers and they stop working, you can take them apart and clean them…
- You can also take them apart and completely destroy them and have to get new ones.
- I like drip tips. I like chewing on something when I “smoke”. I used to clench and chomp on the filter of my cigarettes, too. Bitey. They make cheap plastic ones that make it easier to chew them to shreds, otherwise I’d have broken all my teeth off on the steel ones by now.
- VCV is hip. They have the cheapest beginner set-up ever right now. No, they didn’t pay me to say that, but if they want to, I’ll take it. This is the basics you need, all the stuff I recommended in my past post about this stuff…for like 15 bucks. And their juices are delicious.
- If you can’t taste your vaporizer juices, chew on an unused tampon and it will cure it.
- Switching from smoking to vaping is easier than it sounds.
- I still don’t smoke marijuana, but I like reading about people making stuff out of it.
GAH. and yes, that’s one of those little flosser things for your teeth.
I fully destroyed half my gear today. I am definitely not now and have never been very mechanically-minded. I mean, I once tried lost wax and sand casting machine frames, and almost killed everyone in the workshop (don’t ask) and I have been known to fix a tattoo machine by throwing it against the wall, cursing it with vile imprecations. (It worked perfectly after that). I think moonbeams repair cell phones, and I firmly believe little gremlins in a plastic case are the reason my laptop functions.
trying out some new mechanical equipment and hating every minute of it.
I once tried to build a PC, too. Franenstein kind of works, but he lives in the basement and is not allowed to be fed electricity.
And I can’t wait until PVs are just as fiddle-free as all the other things I use regularly and have no clue about.
(My car is the exception to all this. A lifetime of poverty and strangeness has forced me to know how a car basically works and the life-sustaining things I must do to it. Not that I want to, or that I will if there’s a mechanic I can afford- but I know how. It wasn’t fun to get to this level of knowledge though, and I’d almost rather NOT understand why you shouldn’t take every sparkplug wire off an 8-cylinder van all at once to replace them.)
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, !!!~posts with links in them~!!!, !!!~posts with lists in them~!!!, complaints, DIY, geek, personal | Tagged: being mechanically minded, e-cig, ecigarettes, ecigs, mech and tech, personal vaporizers, pvs, quitting smoking | 2 Comments »
Posted by resonanteye on 04/22/2013
just a few more line sheets, from the horror coloring book.digital downloads of print-sized files are available of these, so you can print them and color them.
The book should be out around halloween.
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, art, DIY, geek, morbid art, stuff for sale, true stories | Tagged: black shuck, coloring book, horror art, ilomba, krasue, la llorona | Leave a Comment »
Posted by resonanteye on 04/12/2013
Apparently, you can launder money by buying art. I have never had dirty money, so I wasn’t aware of this. (All three of my dollars have been squeaky-clean.) I’m just putting it out there- if anyone has a few millions laying around in torn cardboard boxes behind their drywall, mucky as hell, I’m willing to let you buy my work, then use it to explain where all that cash came from.
I mean, someone’s got to help the needy cash hoarders, right?
Posted in !!!~pictures~!!!, artwork, money | Tagged: art and money, laundering money, living in a garret eating breadcrusts all day | 2 Comments »